Thursday, November 20, 2008

Worried about eating too much on Turkey Day?

Take advantage of the 5k runs on Thanksgiving morning this year! They are 3.1 miles long, with options to do runs or walks! Don't convince yourself you're out of shape, get active in the community and with your health with these events! The sponsored runs occur in every U.S. state. Just try googling, "Turkey Trot." Most events cost between $20-$25 per person to participate. The money will buy you a shirt, pre-race & post-race goodies, and go towards helping a good cause.

Even individuals in Antarctica are racing in the 3.1 mile race! The event is run on the sea ice! I encourage all to participate in a walk/race on Thanksgiving morning. Believe me, this year you won't feel as guilty for eating that second helping of apple pie!

2 comments:

Glo said...

I should have run a turkey trot, instead i just ate a lot, good thing by blog is about not overeating...

Alex said...

I did a turkey trot in California a couple years back, and I remember thinking that was the best idea ever to do on Thanksgiving...I had no guilt at all as I stuffed my face, very pleasant experience:)